How do you imagine your baby's first day?Learn More
Questions about home birth?
I’m interested in Midwifery, but I’m not sure where to start?
The first step is to schedule a free consultation visit to see if a midwife is right for you and if you are a good candidate for home birth.
Is home birth safe?
There’s a large body of research that shows that home birth is safe.
How will I get a birth certificate and social security number for my baby?
April will file all the necessary documents to get a birth certificate and social security number.
don't see your question?View Our FAQ
13+ years experience
Bachelor of Science (BS), Registered Nurse
University of Nevada Las Vegas
Master's of Science, Nurse-Midwifery
Frontier Nursing University
Master's of Science, Nursing
Case Western Reserve University
Experience Our Birth Stories
Families that shared with us so we can share with you
Baby’s First Day Midwifery Services
Baby’s 1st Day promotes pregnancy, labor, birth, and postpartum wellness for women. For nearly two decades, April, our certified professional midwife, has helped women in the Las Vegas area develop birth plans for those seeking a natural child birth or those seeking all their birth options. It’s her desire to help these women achieve the birth of their dreams.
April’s education and experience truly set her apart. She is the only labor/delivery nurse-turned midwife in the whole state of NV. She brings nearly two decades of experience to every birth and has helped over 3,000 mothers bring their babies into the world.
April offers compassionate, individualized attention to your pregnancy. Whether you are planning a water birth, vaginal birth after cesarean section (VBAC), or the birth of your first baby, April can help you achieve a safe, happy, healthy, BIRTHday for your new baby.
Our services include:
- Pre-conception services – Counseling, testing and screening to prepare for conception
- Pregnancy care – Convenient and personalized, no rushed appointments
- Labor and birth care – 24/7 access to your midwife
- Postpartum care – Care for mom and baby for first two months after delivery
- “Wish List” or birth plan – Individualized plans to help you achieve the birth of your dreams
Call for your free consultation today! 702-269-6018
During your consultation, April will:
- Discuss if home birth is the right choice for you
- Perform a health screening to see if mom is a good candidate for home birth
- Answer questions and concerns about safety of home birth
- Provide books, videos, websites, and medical studies.